Bring out the ritzy glam of the 1920s to ring in the new year! Rather, ring in the new DECADE! The 20-teens are ready to leap into the ’20s of the 21st century. Make your shin-dig shine with a century-old throwback to the Jazz Age, a.k.a. the Age of Wonderful Nonsense and let history remind us not to take ourselves too seriously. Whatever kind of year you’ve had, the new year offers promise. When the occasion calls, life is to be enjoyed! Make it a night to remember. Gather your friends and family for a swinging good time that Gatsby himself would be a fool to miss.
Prohibition? Step on up to the sweet-easy buffet with your best gal before fox-trotting on over to the dance floor. All the fellas and flappers can mingle while the Big Band music thunders out of the gramophone (or your Bluetooth speakers). With a little help from our Glitz and Glam party supplies plus a bit of DIY, we’ll have you New Year’s party roaring in no time flat. The deco vibes are strong with gold on black, punctuated by gem tones.
Throw a real sockdollager with this 1920s New Year’s Eve party blueprint! The Sweet-Easy theme is one both gangsters and molls will enjoy. We’ll put the finger on all the details below.
Roaring 20s Party Invitations – Know Your Onions
Let guests know what’s going on with these Silver and Gold Personalized Invitations. Make sure you encourage guests to come all dolled up in period attire.
Roaring 20s Party Decorations – Jazz Up the Joint
Fill the joint with swanky décor that mimics the trends of the times. Anything that sparkles and shines goes! Pair a deep gem tone (like dark turquoise) with black and gold for a classy eloquence. Glass and gold serving pieces bounce light and glam all around the tables.
- Use Letter Balloons to set the Sweet-Easy stage. Cover an insulation board with black bulletin board paper then outline with gold glitter tape in an art-deco manner. Simply tape the balloons to the board and set up behind the table.
- Add more art-deco details to the backdrop board with foam core shapes cut and covered with glitter poster board and tape.
- Create a high impact with a pair of flanking DIY Tinsel Fringe Chandeliers. These are almost 4’ tall. Get the DIY tutorial HERE.
- Add feathers, sequins and fringe to gussy up plain serving pieces.
Take the shiny scheme to the ultimate level by layering sequin tablecloths and runners.
- Placesettings become super hotsy-totsy when layered. Start with a Black 10” Plastic Dinner Plate then add on the sparkle with Gold Dessert and Lunch Plates. Surround those with Gold Plated Cutlery and these gold faceted 8oz Paper Cups.
- Wrap Gold Dot Paper Lunch Napkins with satiny ribbon and slip a Gold Swirl Lollipop under the knot for a sweet treat.
- Jazz up Champagne Flutes with some glitter tape. (TIP: Keep the tape away from the rim unless you use food-safe tape.)
- Transform a St. Patrick’s Day Tall Drinking Glass into an eloquent centerpiece. Start by spray painting the glass gold. Cut floral foam to fit inside and use hot glue to secure in place. Add large feathers and Gold Beads to finish off the glam factor. (TIP: Before securing the floral foam, add some dried rice or beans to the glass for weight. This step will keep the centerpiece from being too top-heavy.)
Roaring 20s Party Foods – Duck Soup Desserts
Hit all the sixes with these Sweet-Easy treat ideas:
- For a family friendly New Year’s Eve, offer guests individual bottles of sparkling cider.
- Marshmallows go from boring to roaring with a quick pass of gold metallic food spray and a dip in gold dusting sugar. (TIP: Add lollipop sticks and colorful bows to jazz them up even more.)
- Individual chocolates wrapped in gold foil are the cat’s pajamas as well as an easy way to tap into the party’s color palette.
- Use an upside-down Plastic Gold Bar Decoration as an unusual serving piece. We found it was perfect for showcasing wrapped hazelnut truffles.
- Add a pop of sparkle to store-bought cupcakes with gold dusting sugar.
- Drizzle all the things. Pretzel rods. Popcorn. Fudge covered sandwich cookies.
Roaring 20s Party – Dapper Dans and Dolled-Up Molls
Set up a photo booth so guests can model their glad rags. Provide props such as this Violin Case or these Lids for the macs and these Flapper Beads and Feather Boas for the dolls. Then get all the hoofers on the dance floor to learn the Charleston. Try this link HERE for an easy to follow printed page as well as some inspirational video footage.
Roaring 20s Party Favors for Flappers (and Macs)
After the clock chimes midnight and guests start to scram off home, make sure they sneeze one of these spiffy favors. Fill a champagne flute with wrapped truffles and enclose with a Clear Cello Bag. Do this by simply snipping a small section from the bag’s seam and slipping it over the flute, inserting the stem into the open area. Attach the bottom to the flute stem and tie the bag up with a ribbon and tag. (TIP: Wrap any excess bag around to the back of the flute and secure with clear tape.)