The LEGOs from The LEGO Movie are back in action and that’s something to celebrate! People of all ages love to play with and collect LEGO sets and thanks to the many movies, we can enjoy watching the toys on the big screen. But if you’ve got a little LEGO lover on your hands, here are some ideas to have them, and your guests, saying EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! at your birthday party.
Celebrate this timeless toy with a party themed around the 2nd movie in the franchise. From easy DIY tricks to free printables, learn how to stack up the savings with these budget-friendly Lego party hacks that still make a big impact in your party space! Check out our entire Lego Movie party set up and browse our shop to build your own private Legoland with all of our Lego Movie 2 Party Supplies!
This post was written and shot by Tara at Spot of Tea Designs. Stop by her blog to see more hacks to keep things simple
- Stack it up! Plastic table cloths and plastic plates can easily turn your dining room walls into Bricksburg! Tip: painter’s tape is a great way to hang the plates to the wall but they may pull down your tablecloths. Instead, cut a hole in the tablecloth so the plate can be adhered directly to the wall!
- Toss it! Let guests have a go at this LEGO version of ring toss made with a large platform, towers of bricks and rubber bracelets.
- Theme it! JELLO is a colorful and delicious party dessert and with the help of our free printables, (Lego-Jello-Printables.pdf) can be transformed into your favorite minifigures!
- Game on! Everyone loves a good guessing game so throw some extra Lego bricks in a glass jar and encourage everyone to put in their best guess. You can download our free printable guessing sheets and add brick stickers to the bottom to make them less basic.
- Spray it! If your store-bought party accessories don’t match the table décor, break out your can of spray paint and make them match. The décor and tableware for this Lego Movie 2 party includes lots of black, purple, and light blue which also mixes in with Emmet’s orange safety vest and, of course his yellow face. These cardboard brick stands up work great to give some height to your party but color wise didn’t match. A few simple layers of spray paint made them fit right in.
- Say cheese! Capture big smiles and personalities with a photo booth complete with LEGO photo props. Visit our blog to download the free printable and see how to make them to make them yourself.
- DIY it! Thank guests with Lego favor bags made with cardstock circles and dimensional foam stickers.
Now that you’ve seen all the hacks, it’s time to build yourself a LEGO-themed celebration that will stack up against the rest!