A festive party drink with less sugar
Do you really want to load excited little party-goers up with sugar-filled party drinks like Kool-Aide or punch?
Or how about re-decorating your sofa or rugs with a few Red Dye #2 SPLATS?
We have a better idea, serve a fresh sparkling berry lemonade that you kids can help to prepare. There is still some sugar and berries stain a bit, but if you use a natural Lemonade diluted with seltzer it’s much better. This is so easy it is barely a recipe!
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Green grapes
- Natural lemonade
- Seltzer water
- Ice cube tray
- Lemon sorbet (optional)
- Clear cups or glasses
- Party picks
- If you are using fresh berries, wash them and spread them on a parchment covered ccokie sheet in the freezer.
- Freeze the grapes in a bowl or Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Make drink picks for each guest by “skewering” fruit on a cocktail pick or kid-safe kabob
place them on a tray to freeze as well.
- Add lemonade to the ice cube trays and freeze.
- When its time to serve drop a few ice cubes along with frozen berries and grapes in each glass.
- Add lemonade into the cups and top with seltzer.
- Garnish with the frozen fruit pick.
Make lemonade ice cubes for extra flavor!