You may need to double or triple the recipe for large parties.
- 1 cup used coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup sand or cornmeal
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup flour or more
- 1 cup water and cold coffee combined
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Small objects to make impressions or tools for to make cool designs.
- A vinyl table cloth or paper to cover the work surface
Before the Party:
- Combine the coffee grounds, flour, salt, cornmeal or sand and stir.
- Slowly add the water and coffee and stir.
- Knead the dough and store in an airtight container.
- Cut pieces of parchment paper and use a permanent marker to write each party guest’s name on the paper.
- Make individual rolling pins by cutting and sanding pieces of wood dowel (optional).
Wholesale Party Supplies’ Party Tips: If you are not providing rolling pins for the kids you will want to roll and cut the dough shortly before the guests arrive. Or have a helper do this task during the party. Roll and cut a slab of dough for each child. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the slabs to prevent drying.
- Provide each child with their ball of dough and parchment paper.
- For easy and tidy rolling use one sheet of parchment paper on the top of the dough before rolling.
- Place tools in the center of the table for sharing.
- Now the kids can play with the clay, making impressions with shells and stones or shaping bones or teeth.
- The kids will take these projects home to dry.
Suggestions: This craft can also be made without the coffee grounds for a neutral colored dough that you can enhance with food coloring. Double the recipe and separate it into even sections and color any way you like.