Planning a birthday party for a young teen can be a challenge. But if you know a few of their favorite things, you can coordinate a party based on one of their passions. A popular pastime of many young teens, like it or not, is video games. If you have a gamer in your family that is hooked on Fortnite, then we suggest making it the theme for their next birthday. We doled out a few tips on ways to plan and decorate for a Fortnite Birthday Party here. And this is one more way to add a custom flare to an epic party.
Play up the thematic fun at your Fortnite Party with this Supply Drop DIY decoration. Construction is super easy and won’t require any health replenishments.
- Yellow Paper Lantern
- Box 6″ x 6″ x 6″
- Blue wrapping paper
- Yellow cardstock letters and glue stick
- Tape (transparent and packing)
Seal up the box using packing tape to secure one end and leave the other end open.
- Cut two pieces of string to the desired length. Knot each end, making sure distance between knots is equal on both lengths.
- Insert knotted ends into corners of the box. (TIP: use the pointy end of a pair of scissors to help poke the knot through.)
- You can add an extra knot to the string from the inside of the box if the hold in the corner of the box is too large.
- Place transparent tape around the string and corner of the box to secure.
- Seal the open end of the box so you’ll have a cube with strings coming out of the top four corners.
Wrap box with blue wrapping paper. (TIP: slice paper as shown in the picture so that you can wrap it around the string.)
Cut “DROP” letters from yellow cardstock and glue to box front.
Assemble paper lantern. Slip string in between lantern and bottom notch of the metal frame. Repeat for the other lengths of string. This step allows the box to hang from the lantern.
Hang Supply Drops from monofilament for that true “floating” effect.
A pair of these DIY DROP Boxes will look epic flanked alongside the food buffet at a Fortnite Birthday Party. Click that link to see our blog post that dishes out tips on gathering the squad for a celebration.