When it comes to cute and cuddly animals, we’re all about jumping on that trend. While we’re still holding out hope that unicorns actually exist, llamas are stealing the show. Now, we’re not trying to start and llama drama, but can you blame anyone for loving these fluffy animals?
It should be no surprise why llamas are so popular. They’re adorable with their fluffy bodies, long necks and curly hairdo! Pair some cute cartoon llamas with pastel colors and party hats and you’ll have a birthday party for the books. A llama party is the trendiest way to celebrate another year.
We’ve got a llotta llove for this Llama Birthday Party. This celebration is full of colorful characters and there’s nothing prickly about putting it together. Our party blueprint will guarantee no drama for the mama who’s setting things up. Follow along with these party ideas to plan the perfect llama-themed birthday party.
Llama Party Invitations
These Llama Party Invitations are sweet and shapely and introduce the party theme to guests right out of their mailboxes.
Llama Party Decorations
Taking clues from the Llama Partyware, decorate using tassels, pom pom topped hats and cacti. Keep the color scheme in line with that of the partyware too by using hot pink, yellow, turquoise and light purple throughout.
- Mix and match pieces from this Llama Party Banner and this Llama Party Happy Birthday Banner to create a unique wall backdrop.
- Then combine handmade yellow and turquoise tissue tassels with a Pink and Purple Tissue Garland for a customized streamer.
- The quad-color color scheme is especially impactful in the fringed tablecloth blanketing the food table. It was constructed by layering Plastic Tablecloths that were snipped into one-inch wide strips.
- Put a Llama Piñata on display for an easy centerpiece. Adding a pom pom topped party hat makes it even more whimsical and mimics the partyware details.
- To get this darling detail, simply trim down a pink Solid Party Cone Hat to fit over the pinata’s ears then secure with a little hot glue. Top with a yellow pom pom made from yarn.
- Flank your centerpiece with some DIY cacti. We were able to get all the needed supplies from our local dollar store which meant we got a lot of impact without pricking a hole in our budget.
Llama Party Tableware
- Let these Llama Party Lunch Plates set the stage for this colorfully fun tabletop. Layer them on top of Hot Pink Dinner Plates for even greater impact.
- Add a touch more “cool” to the table with these sunglass clad Llama Party Happy Birthday Luncheon Napkins.
- Finish things off with Llama Party Beverage Cups, Yellow Dot Paper Straws and Llama Party Party Hats, complete with fluffy yarn pom poms.
Llama Party Food
- Guests will oooh and ahhh over these incredibly cute llama and cacti iced sugar cookies. They may even refuse to eat them. But encourage them to do so because that’s part of the joy of hosting … being able to serve a treat that is both delectable to the eyes and taste buds. Get the complete DIY on how to make these lovely and detailed confections HERE.
- Fill Llama Party Treat Bags with something simple such as popcorn or veggie straws.
- Use the “left over” Llama Party Happy Birthday Banner pieces as cake decorations. Attach bamboo skewers to the backs and insert into a store-bought cake. We love how the coconut mimics a llama’s fluffy fur.
- Apothecary jars filled with colorful wrapped candies are sweetly easy décor and treats.
- Stacked macaroon cookies, bright mixed fruit and sprinkled donuts bring more color and yumminess to the table.
- This Churro Toffee Cracker Mix is addicting … and the perfect on-theme snack for a llama shindig. Get the recipe HERE.
Llama Party Activity
Take guests outside for a fun round of Llama Ring Toss. Set up a couple of 3’ Inflatable Cacti and a 41” Llama Balloon as targets and let party goers take turns trying to “ring” them with hula hoops. (TIP: To stabilize the balloon, use packing tape to attach it to heavy-duty dowels (or stakes) poked into the ground.)
Llama Party Favors
- Show guests you “llama them a llot” by sending them home with a Pink with Purple Big Dots Favor Box stuffed full of fun favors.
- For a unique twist, use a Llama Party Dizzy Dangler as a tag. The addition of a Purple Dots Personalized Sticker with a punny saying makes each tag even more fun.
Fabulous favors to include in the boxes are a Llama Party Plastic Cup, a pair of Heart Sunglasses, a Llama Party Party Blower and a fluffy llama key chain.
While we can’t guarantee there won’t be drama at your celebration, we can promise to provide you with all the llamas!