Excitement fills the air on December 31st. Whether you’re opting to relax at home with family, gathered around the TV to watch the ball drop in Times Square or are renting out a space to throw an incredible party for your friends, New Year’s Eve is a day when it’s impossible not to anticipate what’s in store for the future. There’s no better time to celebrate new beginnings or to plan for the year to come.
This year, you can get a head start on your resolution to live a craftier life with these fun, simple DIY projects that will add a customized touch to your upcoming celebration! That doesn’t mean you can’t pick up a few supplies to save some
Midnight Kiss Kit
When the clock strikes 12, tradition tells us that there’s no better way to welcome the upcoming year than by locking lips with someone you care about. So, why not prep your guests to pucker up after the countdown with a Midnight Kiss Kit? This cute party favor is the perfect way to set the tone for an unforgettable evening. Here’s how to make them:
- Gather the surprises you’d like to give each guest; we recommend personalized lip balms and tasty buttermints!
- Use small, gold foil boxes to store the items.
- Customize boxes with glitter washi tape and a chipboard glitter star.
- Create a cute sign informing guests to grab a pack before the countdown begins!
Plastic Champagne Flute Favors with Candy
Your guests are sure to bubble with excitement over these themed favors! No matter what their age, any attendee who receives a champagne flue filled to the brim with tasty treats will be set for a sweet time. Here’s how to create the customized candy holders:
- Place a cellophane bag in each flute and fill them up with your favorite colorful candy.
- Tie the bags shut with a coordinating ribbon.
- Add a star embellishment to each glass to enhance their festive appearance.
- Customize each accessorizing star with a glitter initial sticker to make all your guests feel like a VIP.
When wandering through the buffet line at your celebration, don’t have guests stressing as they try to find the right utensils for their meal. Instead, ensure that attendees are good to go in seconds by providing them with striking sets of cutlery that have been pre-packaged stylishly for your occasion. Here’s how:
- Gather a fork, knife, and spoon to include in each set.
- Place one of each item into an easy-to-grab pouch.
- Add in a straw and a napkin, to finish off each set of supplies.
- A coordinating bow embellishment adds the finishing touch to each set.
- Having a sit down soiree? Pouches could be customized with names to act as place cards, placed just to the side of your guests’ plates.
Nothing says New Year’s Eve quite like counting down those last few hours, minutes, and then seconds until midnight; which is why clocks are the perfect theme for a New Year’s Eve bash! Incorporate this symbol of the day into your décor to give an ordinary balloon bouquet a temporal twist with these steps:
- Take a round mylar balloon that’s been filled with helium and embellish it with number stickers.
- Use washi tape to create “hands”.
- Top the hands off with a single glitter star.
- Don’t forget to set the time to just before midnight!
- Combine with other balloons to create a fun focal point for your party.