Grab your paintbrush and get ready to paint the town red (…and orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)!
Celebrate the birthday of the young artist in your life and have fun getting creative with friends when you throw a colorful rainbow art party for your next birthday bash! Splashes of every color will inspire the guests when it is time to get crafty. With rainbow-themed snacks at your dessert table and an array of colorful activities to keep your friends entertained, there’s no doubt that your party will light up the room! We put together a full spectrum of ideas that will make your party a hit!
This Rainbow Art Party was both styled and photographed for us by Tara from Spot of Tea Designs.
Rainbow Art Party Invitations
Introduce guests to your fun theme when sending them a rainbow striped invite
Go the extra mile and dress up the boring white envelope with bright washi tape.
Make zig-zags, line the borders or just tape the back closed but do it with style!
Rainbow Art Decorations
Now is your chance to mismatch on purpose! Use up all those party wear items left over from other events or go ahead and collect an array of accessories to dress your table.
Welcome everyone to their seat for delicious and colorful treats with a personalized place card. Use paper straws to make little easels and display your one-of-a-kind personalized scratch art made just for them!
When it’s time to get creative, protect your table and give a personalized favor at the same time with these festive stripe laminated placemats.
Rainbow Art Party Food
NOM NOM NOM! No starving artists here! A birthday party cannot be complete without the delicious snacks!
- Focus on the basics like cupcakes, cookies or cake. Decorate them yourself or turn it into an activity with a cupcake decorating station.
- Switch it up and instead of making Rice Krispies Treats, bring in the rainbow with Froot Loops instead!
- Consider a candy buffet where you can mix and match colors for a pretty display.
- Satisfy that sweet and salty craving with chocolate covered pretzels covered in candied creations. Tip: Go one step further and lay the pretzels on a rainbow bed of M&Ms!
- Use cute labels for your food or drink making sure to satisfy your guests with some “Creative juices!”
Rainbow Art Party Activities
With a rainbow art party theme, you bet a colorful array of activities is expected! No matter which activity you choose, let guests create their own piece of art when you personalize a work station for them.
- Get groovy and have a tie dye activity!
- Let everyone create a piece of wall art with a canvas art painting station.
- Break out the sidewalk chalk and color your driveway with masterpieces!
- And when it’s time to let out some energy, hang a rainbow piñata from the rafters and take a swing for a grab bag of goodies!
Rainbow Art Party Favors
Besides the art activities made during your big day, send guests home with a paint can favor full of colorful goodies.
Play-Doh, mini watercolor sets and glitter glue fit perfectly inside to keep that art theme going! Fill in any empty spaces with rainbow colored goodies, like Skittles or M&Ms.
Your little Picasso will be over the moon when he or she looks back at the fun memories made at a Rainbow Art Party! Between eating multicolored desserts and creating pieces of art with friends, you can’t go wrong with these classic party ideas!
If you’re wondering how to celebrate a birthday for the budding artist in your household, paint the perfect party with an ART theme. Share your creative styles with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!