Come to the islands for tasty pineapple chicken.
This teriyaki pineapple chicken recipe is so easy and delicious you won’t want to save it just for parties. Serve it along with some tropical fruit salad or kabobs and you’re sure to satisfy even the pickiest appetites.
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks or drumettes (about 24)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 13×9 inch pan
- Large skillet
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken in medium saucepan and gradually bring it to a boil, stir occasionally.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in the foil lined baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the pan and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 40 mins, turn once more.
- Cook times may vary. You’ll know your drumsticks are cooked when the the juice of the thickest pieces is no longer pink when cut.
WPS Party Tip:
If you would like to provide a dipping sauce to accompany the drumsticks make another batch of the sauce recipe but boil just a little bit longer and use less sauce for cooking.