A plate piled high with these party sandwiches is always a hit!
These favorite kids’ party pinwheels sandwich rolls can be filled with a variety of ingredients to satisfy even the pickiest palettes!
- Filling (see below)
- Tortillas or wraps
- Wax paper or plastic wrap
For easy rolling, I prefer to prepare a spread by mixing the filling ingredients together in a bowl first and then I spread it on the tortilla.
Here are my favorites:
- Cream cheese and jam
- Cream cheese with finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Cream cheese and deli sliced meat
- Peanut butter and honey
- Peanut and apple butter
- Peanut butter, honey, shaved carrots and raisins
- Cream cheese and shaved carrots
- Cream cheese, finely chopped apples and cinnamon
- Soft cheese like Laughing Cow and shaved carrots
- Laughing Cow cheese and deli sliced meat
- Hummus and shaved carrots (not all kids love this )
- Select your pinwheel fillings (see below)
- Spread the filling onto the tortilla leaving about a ½ inch to the edge.
- Distribute lunch meat or other ingredients evenly over the tortilla. Don’t over it – if the sandwich is too full and bulky it won’t roll up well or will tear.
- Carefully roll up the tortilla and filling. Some filling will probably spill out at you reach the end.
- Tightly wrap up the roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper and chill overnight or for as little as an hour.
- Remove the wrap and slice the roll into 1-2 inch pieces. They should look a little like a snail shells.
- Place pinwheels sandwiches on a platter. For fun, you can insert party picks but usually they’ll hold together without a pick.
- Make a pink party snack with cream cheese and raspberry or strawberry jam and serve when you are hosting a tea, princess, butterfly or really any party with a girlie-girl theme.
- Yellow cheese spread or peanut butter and honey will make gold medallions to serve for a pirate party.
- Mix peanut butter and banana together for a monkey theme.
- Healthy snacks are in order for a spa party so try making pinwheels with cream cheese, shaved carrot and serve on top of a cucumber slice.