As we get older there are some milestones that warrant a larger than usual celebration. Each day is a blessing but every decade that goes by in life becomes a time to reflect on our yester-years. We all get where we’re going with the help of friends and family alongside us during our ups and downs. So when your 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th and many more birthdays come around, it’s worth a blow out celebration. Eventually people stop saying Happy Birthday and start saying Congratulations! You made it this far, so you deserve a party!!
Do you know someone special getting ready to celebrate a milestone birthday? Use this party blueprint to create a sparkling event sure to outshine all the rest. Our party is set for a 50th birthday, but with these Sparkling Celebration Party supplies, it’s easy to switch the number up … or down : ).
Milestone Birthday Party Invitation
Milestone Birthday Party Decorations
Celebrating a milestone birthday should be joyous and memorable, so if it sparkles, use it! Begin with the background. Hang a collection of Glitter Paper Fans to give the space interest. We even included a few fans from other kits such as this Sparkling Celebration 50th Birthday Room Decorating Kit.
- Transform glittered poster board into a statement frame. Back with black and add shiny gold numbers to finish off this impactful piece. Flank the frame with a pair of DIY Fringe Lanterns. Follow along with our DIY Fringe Gem tutorial here..
- Use the components from this 50th Birthday Room Decorating Kit to create a centerpiece. We snipped the garland apart and adhered the pieces to lollipop sticks. The sticks were then secured in gold metal buckets via floral foam and covered with White Sixlets Candy.
- Don’t let the transforming stop there. We secured the honeycomb shapes from this Sparkling Celebration Honeycomb Decorations Kit to a monofilament length and formed a 3-D garland for the table front. (TIP: Cut a piece of poster board to roughly the same shape as the honeycomb and glue to the back to keep the honeycomb flat.)
- Layer Gold and Silver Tinsel Fringe Garlands for a flashy table skirt option. (TIP: If coverage below the table is needed, add a Solid Silver Table Cover underneath first.)
- Caddy smaller tabletop items in these Plastic Gold Bar Decorations turned upside down. They are the perfect size to hold Silver Utensils and folded Silver Dot Lunch Napkins.
- Pair these almost holographic Silver 8oz Cups with single-serving bottles of Sparkling Cider for a cute (and less wasteful) beverage choice.
- Layer Sparkling Celebration Prismatic 50th Birthday Dessert Plates atop these Silver Lunch Plates so that guests can decide how many (or few) desserts they will enjoy.
- For a unique table runner, trim both decorative bands from this Sparkling Celebration Happy Birthday Table Cover and adhere them together. The doubled-up width is the perfect size and adds lots of visual interest to the table top.
Milestone Birthday Party Food
- Every party needs cake … or it’s just a meeting ; ). Top this party’s cake off with Gold Number Self-Inflating Balloon Cake Toppers in the guest-of-honor’s milestone age.
- Gold wrapped candy adds both sweetness and color to the table.
- Fill cake stands and trays with all of the birthday person’s favorite treats. BONUS points if those delectables are in your color scheme.
Milestone Birthday Party Activities
Keep guests busy with these activity ideas:
- Birthday Year Trivia (get our 1969 version HERE). Scour the internet for interesting and little-known facts about the year the birthday person was born.
- Who Knows the Birthday Girl (or Boy) Best? List specific questions about the guest-of-honor, ie. middle name, shoe size, favorite candy, movie, etc.
- Memory Cards. Set out cards for guests to write a memory on. Cards can be dropped in a basket or glued to a scrapbook right then and there.
- Photo Booth. These Sparkling Celebration Photo Booth Props and Giant Sparkling Celebration Birthday Photo Frame Kit will certainly bring out the silliness in guests. Once the party is over, photos can be added to the above-mentioned memory card scrapbook.
Milestone Birthday Party Favors
Send the sparkle home by gifting guests a box of Sparklers. Tie the box with metallic curling ribbon and a Silver and Gold Personalized Sticker.
Here’s another milestone birthday post that is worth popping the champagne for: 21st Birthday Bash party ideas.
Planning a celebration of your own? Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up with all of our party ideas and DIY projects! Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest to get inspired for your next party.