Because nothing says celebration quite like sprinkles!
For baby showers, birthday parties, tea parties or garden soirees, this cheery cake will do the trick. The combination of strawberry and lemonade provide just the right amount of tang! Yes, it looks lovely and impressive, but because the recipe calls for a mix and all you need to do is decorate with sprinkles, the fact that’s it’s easy-peasy can be your little secret!
- One box of strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 2- 8oz. packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 packet (0.23oz.) of Kool-Aid Lemonade
- Yellow food coloring (as desired for color)
- 1- 7oz. container Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Topping
- Rainbow sugar crystals
- Prepare the cake according to the instructions on the box using two 9 inch round cake pans. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
- Mix in marshmallow creme and powdered sugar.
- Fold in Whipped Topping until completely smooth.
- Cut each cake layer in half.
- Alternating layers of cake with layers of frosting, assemble cake.
- Cover top and sides with frosting and sprinkle with rainbow sugar.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
WPS Recipe Tips
- For easy cake pan removal, line the bottom of your cake pan with a round of parchment paper.
- To make slicing and frosting cakes easier, put them in a the freezer for a few hours or over night. Then slice them with a long serrated knife.