Gather a flock of friends for some summer frivolity and show them all kinds of hospitality with this bright and colorful Flamingo Fun party. Pink flamingos take center stage with pops of sweet pineapples adding even more sunshine to the cheerful décor.
Announce party specifics to guests using the quintessential summer staple, a beach ball. Print party details on an inflated ball using a paint pen. Allow lettering to dry before deflating and inserting into a padded mailing envelope.
Greet guests at the front door with hints of the inside fun. A bucket of beach balls, some iconic flamingo lawn “art” and a DIY Flamingo Wreath combine together to welcome partygoers. Get the full DIY wreath tutorial here.
The Focus Table
If your mantel is already decorated for the summer, use it! An unsightly firebox can easily be covered with a cut-to-fit wood paneling piece or even a gathered plastic tablecloth. Either way, mantels are a great backdrop space complete with a convenient “shelf” for merchandising.
Polka dots are always a good idea and a polka dot gift wrap table runner is a fast and inexpensive way to unify all the festive party details.
- Quick summer banner made from Pink Polka Dot Treat Boxes and cardstock letters.
- Flamingo Fun Tableware is the inspiration for this party’s color palette.
- Lemonade will taste even better when sipped from these fanciful Flamingo Honeycomb Straws.
- Dressed up Flamingo Lawn Decorations give height and whimsy to the table.
- Combine a Turquoise Table Skirt with a Pink Dot Tablecover.
Honeycomb Pineapple Decorations pop brightly against all the pink and teal.
Keep all the treats within a given color scheme to make prep easy. Less food prep means more time enjoying summer activities.
- Sweet Pink and White Sixlets combined with tart Lemonheads are the perfect taste combo.
- Store bought frosted sugar cookies are always a delicious addition.
- Cupcakes made to mimic pineapples take center stage.
- Flamingo Party Picks make retrieving dipped marshmallows both easy and fun.
- A stack of light and crispy sugar wafers has summer written all over it.
Don’t forget to offer guests something cool and icy. A small Styrofoam cooler is an ideal tabletop solution for keeping Italian ices frozen. Let the cooler do double duty by inverting the lid and filling it with pink bubble gum pieces.
No pool? No problem! A giant Flamingo Pool Float can still provide partygoers tons of summery fun sans the water. Use it for a game of ring toss and beach ball basketball. Grab guests’ attention and show them where to find all the fun with a huge balloon arch. Arches are always a super impactful décor element and even better, are super easy to construct when you use a Balloon Decorating Strip. A tank of helium will keep this arch afloat, but you can use good old fashioned air if you want it to look like a garland.
Let party guests carry the fun home with a bag full of summery goodies. Fill a Flamingo Inflatable Coaster with a Pineapple Sippy Cup for a functional and thematic takeaway. Flamingo Shaped Lollipops sweeten the deal, especially when combined with other sugary treats.
Pin this party before summer’s over!