For Tim Burton fans, there’s nothing more recognizable than the lovable Pumpkin King Jack Skellington. His large black eyes and stitched mouth are iconic … just as much as the infamous black and white stripes that creep into Mr. Burton’s films.
This Halloween season, we’ve captured both these identifiable elements in our Tim Burton Inspired Party. Follow along as we showcase all the nightmare-ish details that make this a memorable Burton-esque bash. This collection of Nightmare Before Christmas party supplies will make it easy to pick up everything you need to go all out Tim Burton!
• Make an impactful statement right from the start with floating Jack Skellington faces. Simply print face pattern onto typing paper then cut out and glue to white paper lanterns. TIP: hang lanterns with monofilament for a true floating effect.
• Continue to impress guests with a wall of stripes made from gathered plastic tablecloths. Painter’s tape keep gathers in place and ensure a non-destructive removal once the party’s done.
• A framed quote and matching banner add another level to the movie reference.
• A striped tablecloth layered with a black gauze runner sets the ground work for a thematic tablescape.
• White and clear serving ware keeps the table from getting too busy by giving the eye a place to rest.
• Wrap silverware handles with striped Washi tape. No striped Washi tape on hand? Easy fix. Use a white paint pen to add stripes to black plastic ware.
• Part of Jack’s iconic look is his spikey bow tie. Mimic that element with “bow tie” napkins. Accordion fold black napkins then wrap centers with a strip of black cardstock. Hot glue strip to secure.
• Stack black and white plates for a subtle stripe homage.
The Centerpiece and Thank You Favors
• A thin sketchy tabletop Christmas tree adorned with Jack face ornaments and striped “bow ties” is the show stopping focal point of the table. For more specifics on how to create this centerpiece, go here.
• Let the centerpiece do double duty. Invite guests to take an ornament home with them as a memento of the evening’s festivities. Use a quirky framed poem to let them know of that intention.
• Cupcakes frosted in black and white buttercream stripes then wrapped in striped scrapbook paper cups truly represent the Burton signature motif.
• Halloween is all about the candy so fill the table with color appropriate confections.
• Striped cake balls and sugar-dusted dipped sandwich cookies again allow for another opportunity to introduce the black and white color palette. TIP: add Jack faces to either of these two treat options for one more occasion to showcase the theme.
• Let white food items stand out from white serving ware by adding a layer of Sixlet candies in between.
• Use a black paint pen to decorate scallop popcorn boxes with the many faces of Jack. Finish the boxes off with “bow ties” made from smaller beverage napkins.
• Fill boxes with Cookies-n-Cream popcorn … another black and white treat.
Whether your party is character driven like this Jack inspired bash or more of the scary-scream genre, find all your Halloween party supply needs here.
Share this party on Pinterest!